I lost my job and can no longer pay support, what should I do?

If you lose your job, or if your pay is reduced, you can file for a modification of support to have support reduced. You should attempt to find a new job as soon as possible. You should never voluntarily quit your job (unless you are moving to an equivalent or better job) or reduce your income – the court will hold you to your prior earning capacity.

215.345.8000 - info@cooleyhandy.com

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.

© Site development and engineering by ParleeStumpf.